MDSG summarizes recent news articles about mood disorders. Explore very recent and past stories related to depression, bipolar disorder, and treatment related to mood disorders. Browse by year, or use the site’s search box on the right side to find relevant articles.
Note: The articles linked to here are not hosted on our web site, and as such, it is possible that links can become invalid as pages are moved or deleted. Please notify us about broken links via email. Thank you.
Most Recent Articles
Click on the title to read the full article on the web.
There is no news to display at this time.
- Google has an advanced search page with an option for a “News Search”. This lets you search news stories in the media for the last week. There is no dedicated mood disorder functionality, but keywords such as “depression” or “bipolar” can be used.
- MEDLINE provides news stories by topic. Their page for topics beginning with D has new stories on Depression, their B topics page has stories on Bipolar Disorder.
- The Doctor’s Guide web site has depression related medical news and alerts.
- MSNBC has a section of their web site dedicated to mental health stories.
- The Washington Post has an online Mental Health section.
- Depressionet, a depression support organization in Australia, links to news stories from Australian newspapers and press releases.
- WebMD has a section of their site devoted to news stories about depression.
- Intelihealth is a joint venture of Aetna U.S. Healthcare and Johns Hopkins University. They carry news stories from the AP and the New York Times about Mental Health, and specifically about depression. From their home page select “News by Topic.”
- The web site about.com has a section devoted to depression which includes a section devoted to news stories about depression.
- USA Today has an index of health stories, with a section devoted to mental health.
- At the Healthscout web site go to the Directory section, chose Diseases and Conditions and then chose Depression.
- The American Psychological Association has created PsycPORT to “provide quick access to quality content in the field of psychology.” News stories are drawn from about 50 different sources.
- Reuters Health has a section for consumer health news. Once there, you can limit the news stories by topic and they have a topic called “Depression News.”